Disorderly Conduct Defense Attorney serving Fort Worth, Texas
Are you or someone you know facing a disorderly conduct charge in Fort Worth, Arlington or a surrounding city? If so, you need an experienced Disorderly Conduct Lawyer to fight on your behalf.
There are several ways in Texas to be charged with disorderly conduct. The most common ways people are cited or charged with disorderly conduct under §42.01 of the Texas Penal Code are as follows:
The person intentionally or knowingly:
- uses abusive, indecent, profane, or vulgar language in a public place, and the language by its very utterance tends to incite an immediate breach of the peace;
- makes an offensive gesture or display in a public place, and the gesture or display tends to incite an immediate breach of the peace;
- abuses or threatens a person in a public place in an obviously offensive manner;
- fights with another in a public place;
- discharges a firearm in a public place other than a public road or a sport shooting range, as defined by Section 250.001, Local Government Code;
- displays a firearm or other deadly weapon in a public place in a manner calculated to alarm;,
The punishment classification for disorderly conduct is a class C misdemeanor unless a firearm is discharged in a public place or in a manner calculated to alarm in which case it is a class B misdemeanor punishable by up to 180 days in jail and up to a $2,000 fine.
Disorderly Conduct Attorney in Fort Worth, Texas
If you are convicted of disorderly conduct charge in Fort Worth, the criminal conviction is permanently on your record.
If you have been arrested and charged with disorderly conduct in Fort Worth, Arlington or surrounding cities, you need an aggressive and knowledgeable Fort Worth criminal lawyer on your side. If you have been charged with a class B misdemeanor disorderly conduct a conviction could carry with it the possibility of jail time. At Fulgham Law Firm P.C. our goal is to prevent jail time and to help you clear your record.
At Fulgham Law Firm P.C., you will find a criminal law practice focused on passionately defending the accused. Contact our Fort Worth office now at 817-886-3078 for a free and confidential consultation with an attorney skilled in handling disorderly conduct cases.