Harassment Crimes Defense Attorney serving Fort Worth, Texas
Are you or someone you know facing a harassment charge in Fort Worth, Arlington or a surrounding city? If so, you need an experienced Harassment Charges Defense Lawyer to fight on your behalf.
Texas Penal Code §42.07 states that a person commits the offense of Harassment if with intent to harass, annoy, alarm, abuse, torment, or embarrass another, he:
- initiates communication by telephone, in writing, or by electronic communication and in the course of the communication makes a comment, request, suggestion, or proposal that is obscene;
- threatens, by telephone, in writing, or by electronic communication, in a manner reasonably likely to alarm the person receiving the threat, to inflict bodily injury on the person or to commit a felony against the person, a member of his family or household, or his property;
- conveys, in a manner reasonably likely to alarm the person receiving the report, a false report, which is known by the conveyor to be false, that another person has suffered death or serious bodily injury;
- causes the telephone of another to ring repeatedly or makes repeated telephone communications anonymously or in a manner reasonably likely to harass, annoy, alarm, abuse, torment, embarrass, or offend another;
- makes a telephone call and intentionally fails to hang up or disengage the connection;
- knowingly permits a telephone under the person’s control to be used by another to commit an offense under this section; or
- sends repeated electronic communications in a manner reasonably likely to harass, annoy, alarm, abuse, torment, embarrass, or offend another.
According to the Texas Penal Code, harassment is a Class B misdemeanor punishable by up to 180 days in the county jail and up to a $2,000 fine. If you or someone you know has a previous harassment conviction the punishment range is increased to 1 year in the county jail and up to a $4,000 fine.
Fort Worth Harassment Charges Lawyer
A harassment conviction in Fort Worth or surrounding city will be on your record for the rest of your life. An employer may be alarmed when a potential employee has been convicted of harassment. If you have been arrested and charged with harassment in Fort Worth, Arlington or surrounding cities, you need an aggressive and knowledgeable harassment lawyer on your side. A harassment conviction in Fort Worth could carry with it the possibility of jail time. At Fulgham Law Firm P.C. our goal is to prevent jail time and to help you clear your record.
At Fulgham Law Firm P.C., you will find a criminal law practice focused on passionately defending the accused. Contact our Fort Worth office now at 817-886-3078 for a free and confidential consultation with an attorney skilled in handling harassment charges.