Fort Worth Criminal Mischief Lawyer
Criminal Mischief Defense Lawyer serving Fort Worth and surrounding cities
Are you or someone you know facing a criminal mischief charge in Fort Worth, Arlington or a surrounding city? If so, you need an experienced criminal mischief Lawyer who can effectively defend you. If you have been charged with criminal mischief in the Fort Worth area, it is likely that you are facing charges that, if convicted, could result in life changing circumstances. Your freedom is at risk! It is critical that you hire an attorney in Fort Worth that specializes in criminal defense.
Texas Penal Code §28.03 states that a person commits the offense of Criminal Mischief if without the effective consent of the owner:
- he intentionally or knowingly damages or destroys the tangible property of the owner;
- he intentionally or knowingly tampers with the tangible property of the owner and causes pecuniary loss or substantial inconvenience to the owner or a third person; or
- he intentionally or knowingly makes markings, including inscriptions, slogans, drawings, or paintings, on the tangible property of the owner.
The punishment range in Texas is dependent upon the amount of pecuniary loss:
- Criminal Mischief Under $50: Class C Misdemeanor
- Criminal Mischief $50 to $500: Class B Misdemeanor
- Criminal Mischief $500 to $1,500: Class A Misdemeanor
- Criminal Mischief $1,500 to $20,000: State Jail Felony
- Criminal Mischief $20,000 to $100,000: Third degree Felony
- Criminal Mischief $100,000 to $200,000: Second degree Felony
- Criminal Mischief over $200,000: First degree Felony
Fort Worth Criminal Defense Attorney
If you have been arrested and charged with criminal mischief in Fort Worth, Arlington or in Tarrant and surrounding counties, you need a skilled Fort Worth criminal lawyer. A criminal mischief conviction could carry with it the possibility of jail time. At Fulgham Law Firm P.C. our goal is to prevent jail time and to help you clear your record.